The 2018 Preakness Stakes is here and so are my race Power Rankings. Post time for the Preakness Stakes 2018 is approximately 6:20 p.m. ET on Saturday. The Preakness betting odds point towards a two-horse race between Derby winner Justify and Derby runner-up Good Magic. Both are clear-cut favorites a top the 5Dimes’ fixed odds horse betting board.
What: 143rd Preakness Stakes
Where: Pimlico Race Course | Baltimore, MD
When: Saturday, May 19th, 2018
Post Time: 6:20 p.m. ET
TV Coverage: 5-7:15 p.m. ET
Stream: NBC Sports Live
Derby winner Justify is the early -225 favorite to take the second leg of the Triple Crown. Good Magic is listed at +350 to win the Preakness Stakes. But the question remains. Is there a pony in the eight-horse field that can stop Justify’s dominance? My 2018 Preakness Stakes Power Rankings hope to answer those questions and more!
Odds To Win & Lose the 2018 Preakness Stakes
- Justify (-225, +175)
- Good Magic (+350, -530)
- Quip (+1600, -4800)
- Diamond King (+2000, -6000)
- Bravazo, Sporting Chance, Tenfold, Lone Sailor (+2500, -7500)
2018 Preakness Stakes Power Rankings
- Justify (-225, +175) – Justify aka the Curse Breaker is heading to Pimlico the Wednesday before the race. His last two races have been incredible and he’s deserving of his favorite status. There is no horse that will top anyone’s 2018 Preakness Stakes power rankings. This horse is a freak!
- Quip (+1600, -4800) – Quip didn’t race in the Derby but has the speed to be a serious Preakness Stakes contender. He is a surprising entry since he shares owners with Justify. I am predicting Quip to be in the early lead and the horse to catch in this race. Quip is the best horse to beat Justify on the shorter Pimlico track that favors speed over stamina. This horse is legit.
- Good Magic (+350, -530) – Good Magic finished second in the Derby. Finishing high in the Preakness will skyrocket his stud fees. An upset will set up a rubber match at the Belmont.
- Sporting Chance (+2500, -7500) – He looked great as a two-year-old and has tactical speed. Think nitrous in the Fast & Furious franchise. If he stays close in the final stretch without burning his speed, look out!
- Lone Sailor (+2500, -7500) – Lone Sailor closed well in the Kentucky Derby and ran a solid race in the Louisiana Derby. This is a must bet horse if you are looking for a long shot!
- Bravazo (+2500, -7500) – Bravazo was the sixth-place finisher at the Derby He disappointed at eighth in the Louisiana Derby and hasn’t hit the board since February. He has just three wins in nine career starts. Do you need another reason NOT to bet on this horse?
- Tenfold (+2500, -7500) – Tenfold has been lightly raced in his career finishing fifth in the Arkansas Derby. No one, including this horse, knows how good this horse can really be. This could be Tenfold’s coming out or retirement party.
- Diamond King (+2000, -6000) – Diamond King has four wins in six career starts. You might remember his win the Federico Tesio at Laurel Park, but the Preakness is another beast.