The final race of the famed Triple Crown goes down this weekend and if you can’t pick a horse to win the race, 5Dimes oddsmakers have the odds on which runner will NOT win the 2019 Belmont Stakes. Let’s take a closer look.
Odds On NOT Winning The 2019 Belmont Stakes
The 2019 Belmont runs this Saturday, June 8th with an approximate post time of 6:48 PM ET. You can watch the Belmont on NBC and stream it via NBCSports.com.
- Joevia -10000: He seems a cut below these. Joevia lost to Tacitus and Tax by 13 lengths in the Wood Memorial. He looked good winning the Long Branch, but that was over the mud. It’s a huge leap from the Long Branch to the Belmont Stakes.
- Everfast -2500: Sure, he ran well to finish second in the Preakness. How good of a field was that? If you look at the last time he ran that well, he bombed, losing the Fountain of Youth by 18 lengths. He also lost in the Florida Derby by 15 lengths, and in the Pat Day Mile by 10 lengths.
- Master Fencer -1900: He ran very well in the Kentucky Derby to finish sixth. The setup is much difference in this race. He’s still the same horse that finished behind Der Flug and Oval Ace in Japan. Plus, he’ll have to run better than in he did in the Derby to get close to these.
- Tax -2150: The Wood Memorial win was great, and he’s bred to run 1 ½ miles. Then again, he looked horrendous in the Kentucky Derby. Also, if he couldn’t beat Tacitus in the Wood Memorial, why could he beat Tacitus on June 8? He could still suffer from the effects of the Derby, which means he might not hit the board.
- Bourbon War -2750: The straight closer will need pace and it’s hard to see where the pace comes from on Saturday. Bourbon War regressed in both the Florida Derby and the Preakness. His form is on the downturn. That doesn’t bode well for his chances to pick up the show money on Saturday.
- Spinoff -1700: The Todd Pletcher trained horse should get the lead. Will he have enough in the tank to hold off the pressers and closers? It’s hard to see him doing that unless he gets away with super slow fractions. Unless he’s a different horse, he could hang enough in the stretch to finish out of the money.
- Sir Winston -4000: Like Bourbon War, Sir Winston is a straight closer. The race must set up for him to hit the board. There’s a chance it doesn’t.
- Intrepid Heart -1250: He was all the rage in the Peter Pan. What happened? The thing about Intrepid Heart is that he should get into the Top 3. The reason he might not is because he showed in the Peter Pan that he’s still green. Inexperience could cost him in the Belmont.
- War of Will -335: On paper, he looks like the most logical choice to get at least the show money. He should get the perfect trip behind Spinoff and Intrepid Heart. However, the Belmont will be his third race in 5 weeks. He could bounce to the moon and finish last if he’s tired after the awesome Preakness win.
- Tacitus -210: The chalk has that Belmont Stakes look. What could happen that keeps Tacitus from hitting the board in the Test of Champions? The same thing that kept him from finishing in the Top 3 in the Derby without help. Tacitus must get a good trip. The horse tends to get into trouble in his races. So, a good trip is no guarantee.